UWSC Accepting President & CEO Applications
United Way of Sumner County is in search of a visionary, dynamic, and driven leader to serve as our next President/CEO.
United Way of Sumner County is headquartered in Gallatin, Tenn., and serves the 180,000 citizens who make the county and its five incorporated cities their home.
The mission of United Way of Sumner County is to partner with our diverse and united community to solve its greatest problems. We focus on our region’s most critical issues within the areas of health, education, financial stability and rebuilding lives. We forge partnerships, mobilize both human and financial resources, and inspire others to join us to create solutions to our community’s most pressing problems.
The President/CEO serves as the chief professional officer of the organization and reports to the United Way of Sumner County Board of Directors. The successful candidate will:
- provide strategic leadership to maximize and achieve the United Way mission;
- develop strategies to foster and increase financial resources for education, income, health, rebuilding lives, and volunteerism initiatives;
- create awareness in the community and ensure involvement of varying constituencies;
- maintain operational accountability and fiscal integrity within the policies set by the Board of Directors;
- exhibit enthusiasm for serving people, working with volunteers and community leaders, and collaborating with other agency professionals; and
- be widely trusted and seen as a person of integrity.
In addition to health insurance benefits, paid annual and sick leave, and paid holidays, the position has a salary of $60-$70,000, depending on qualifications. A bachelor’s degree is required.
To view the entire job description, including essential duties/responsibilities and core competencies/requirements, please visit http://www.unitedwaysumner.org/career-opportunities.
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter, resume, and references to: Applications@unitedwaysumner.org by 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 22, 2018.
United Way Sumner County is an equal opportunity employer.