Thank you for your interest in partnering with United Way of Sumner County (UWSC). Agencies interested in becoming a United Way of Sumner County Funded Partner should review the information and deadlines below:
- An agency must be tax exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code AND have been in operation for at least 2 years.
- Only health and human services agencies are eligible to apply, who do not duplicate services of other currently funded partners.
- Agencies must read and review the Partner Agency Agreement and the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statement before submission and be willing to comply.
- Agencies who are new to UWSC and/or currently funded partners who are seeking funding for programs not currently funded by UWSC, must submit a LETTER OF INTENT. The 2023 Letters of Intent Submission Period will open on January 6, 2023, with submissions due by 4 p.m. on Friday, January 27, 2023. This is the only time Letters of Intent will be accepted. No reminders will be sent to anyone who inquires throughout the year.
- The UWSC Executive Allocations Committee will conduct an initial review of proposed programs who have submitted a Letter of Intent and determine which programs will be invited to move on to the next step of the grant application process. Agencies requesting new funding will receive notifications regarding their status the week of February 13, 2023.
- Currently funded partners and new agencies/programs who have been invited to apply must submit a UWSC grant application to be considered for funding for the following grant year. Each grant year runs July 1 - June 30. Grant applications will open on Monday, March 20, 2023, and be due by 4pm on Monday, April 17, 2023. No late grant applications will be accepted.
- Grant applicants will conduct Agency Presentations on April 19-20.
- Site visits from Allocations Committee members will be conducted in May of 2023. Dates will be scheduled based on committee member and agency availability.
- The Allocations Committee will review grant applications, agency presentations, site visit evaluations, and community needs data to determine allocation amounts for each agency based on funding availability. Agencies will receive Awards Notifications in late June, 2023.
- Funding cycle will begin in July of 2023.
Note: Proposals are for a one-year grant cycle and contingent upon alignment with United Way's priorities and applicant's ability to meet and report on desired outcomes. Agencies must also complete a Partner Agency Agreement.
Letter of Intent Evaluation Criteria
The Letter of Intent application is the first step in the grant process. It is available to nonprofits offering outcome based programming to benefit Sumner County in the areas of health, education, financial stability, and rebuilding lives. Programs that most closely align with UWSC’s mission and meet the eligibility requirements will be invited to apply for a grant.
Grant Evaluation Criteria
In evaluating grant applications, United Way of Sumner County will:
- focus on community investments that have the potential to achieve a positive impact in our community;
- make funding decisions based on program outcomes and community impact;
- base decisions on objective measurements of program outcomes.