Thank you for your interest in partnering with United Way of Sumner County.
We accept Letters of Intent from agencies new to United Way of Sumner County seeking funding each year. This is the only time Letters of Intent will be accepted. No reminders will be sent to anyone who inquires throughout the year.
2021 Letters of Intent to apply to 2022-2023 Grant Year:
2021 Letters of Intent Submission Period will open on November 12, 2021 and are due by 4 p.m. on Monday December 6, 2021.
Email them to email@example.com.
Downloadable LOI will be available on November 12, 2021.
- An agency must be tax exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code AND have been in operation for at least 2 years.
- Only health and human services agencies are eligible to apply, who do not duplicate services of other currenlyt funded partners.
- Agencies will submit a Letter of Intent for NEW programs for which funds are being requested. The United Way of Sumner County Community Impact Committee (formally the Executive Allocations Committee) will conduct an initial review of proposed programs. The Community Impact Committee volunteers then will review, discuss and rank proposals and invite selected agencies to submit a full grant application for the upcoming grant year which runs July 1 - June 30. Agencies will then be notified by December 15th IF their organization’s or program’s Letter of Intent will be provided with a grant application for the upcoming year.
- Only those agencies invited to submit a full proposal will be considered for funding. The programs proposed are limited to those that were identified in the invitation to submit a grant application.
In evaluating Letters of Intent, United Way of Sumner County will:
- focus on community investments that have the potential to achieve a positive impact in our community;
- make funding decisions based on program outcomes and community impact;
- base decisions on objective measurements of program outcomes.